About Me

My photo
I haven't run a PR on the track in over 9 years. I haven't even run the Steeplechase since 2008. I've been told I should retire, I should "Hang up the spikes" I'm "too old", but HOW??? I love to run! I love to race! I KNOW I've got more! The Flame Within burns hot and bright, and until it fades, there will be no sleep for this weary soul.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

ChornyRuns! into a Cactus and goes on a helicopter

So, while I was in Phoenix, I ran into a cactus and pieces of it broke off and stuck into my hip and my arm. I immediately felt a quick numbness in the pricked areas and I was a little scared because I didn't know if they were poisonous or if it was something to worry about.

It hurt so much, but I was standing there laughing at myself because I had pieces of cactus stuck to me. I can only imagine what the people driving by were thinking. Well, they were so prickly that I couldn't use my fingers to pull the barbed needles out, so I had to use a stick to pry it off. In my wrist alone, I had about 60 different prick marks. That was 5 days ago, and some of the needles went really deep, so have bruises.

HELICOPTER!!!!

I love going in helicopters, and lucky me got to go up today over St. Thomas and St. John, thanks to Don Hebert Photography. (That's my uncle.) He had a photo shoot taking pictures of different rental properties and a happy parasail. Some pics and videos.

2 comments:

  1. How in the world do you run into a cactus?!?! Were you running backwards?

    Love the heli ride. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tom, congrats on the race, way to be TUFF! I ran into a guy at Gazelle in G.R. that knows you and wondered how you were doing. I hope all is well. Maybe I'll talk to you sometime soon.
    G. Vargas

    ReplyDelete